- We presented 8 paper and notes, 1 late-breaking work and 1 demo at CHI 2017 in Denver!
- Thanks for checking out the latest work from the Butte at CHI
HCI Research at Télécom ParisTech
This group is devoted to fundamental and applied research on Human Computer Interaction (HCI). It focuses on the double challenge of representing and manipulating more and more data, and allowing this not only on standard computers but also on small, mobile and non traditional devices.
Our main contributions take place in the following domains:
- Novel interaction techniques and principles, with an emphasis on leveraging overlooked input dimensions and:
- Learning and memorization
- Mobile and miniature interaction
- Wall displays and collaboration
- Modeling interactive behavior with:
- Fundamental HCI research on simple reaching and pointing movements to provide a more general understanding of Fitts’ law
- Advanced predictive models of performance combining pointing task and visual search
- Reinventing interactive software through:
- New interaction paradigms
- New software architectures based on how people interact with software systems
- End-user customization in order to give users richer control over their information tools.
- Information visualization, and more specifically interactive visualization, which aims at allowing users to actively explore and manipulate data