Post: Teacher-Researcher in Human-Computer Interaction for Mixed Reality
Deadline: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- Department: Computer Science & Networking (INFRES)
- Group: DIVA (Design, Interaction, Visualisation & Applications)
46 rue Barrault, 75013 Paris From September 2019: Palaiseau (91)
Full-time, permanent (CDI)
The successful candidate will lead research in Human-Computer Interaction and/or Visualisation. She/he is not necessarily an expert in graphics or hardware, but will be capable of applying HCI methods to enable new effective and intuitive interactions in augmented or virtual worlds or their application to visualisation (notably immersive visualisation).
- Conduct research in the field of Human-Computer Interaction for Mixed Reality (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality)
- Participate in the creation and teaching of classes in Computer Science at the graduate, undergraduate, and/or continuing education level.
- Participate in the development of partnerships, collaborations, and contracts within the field.
- Conduct and lead research in Human-Computer Interaction for Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality.
- Research activities will take place in the Computer Science & Networking (INFRES) department in the DIVA (Design, Interaction, Visualisation & Applications) group.
- Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Programming (Java, C/C++, Web) and software development Participate in the supervision of Ph.D. students and the supervision of student projects and internships. Direct individual classes or teaching programs.
Required education or experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent, or
- (In French) Fonctionnaire appartenant à un corps recruté par la voie de l’Ecole Polytechnique ou de l’ENA ou ancien élève de l’Ecole Normale Supérieure avec expérience professionnelle ≥ 3 ans, or
- (In French) Diplôme d’une Ecole d’ingénieurs ou de commerce et de gestion ou équivalent avec expérience professionnelle ≥ 5 ans, or
- Any Bac + 5 degree or equivalent with ≥ 5 years of professional experience, or
- High level executive with ≥ 8 years of professional experience.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Deep theoretical and practical knowledge in computer science, in particular human-computer interaction. Knowledge of VR/AR/MR.
- Experience in university-level teaching and research.
- The ability to work in a team, including communication and writing.
- Relational and teaching skills. Ability to synthesize understanding.
- Mastery of English both written and orally (teaching and publishing)
- French: if the candidate does not speak French, she or he is expected to attain the required mastery as quickly as possible.
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experimental methods and validation
- Interactive data visualisation, 3D interfaces, immersive visualisation, etc.
- Digital fabrication
- Multimodal interaction, gestural or tactile/haptic interaction
- Mobile interaction, connected objects, wearable computing
- Eric Lecolinet
Send the following :
- A complete and detailed CV
- A letter of motivation
- A summary of past activities in teaching (undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education) and in research. Both types of activities should be written with the same degree of rigor and precision, and should highlight their accompanying reflections.
- A copy of key publications
- Names and addresses for two references
- A research statement and a teaching statement (max 3 pages for each of them)
By email to: recrutement(@)telecom-paristech.fr
(note: recrutement not
Or by post to: Télécom ParisTech — DRH — B659, 46 rue Barrault, 75634 Paris Cedex 13